This adorable ornament makes a great gift for the Jane Austen addict in your life. It’s simple to create and once you have the pattern down, fun to modify– try creating your favorite hero or heroine!
You will need:
- One plain, wooden non pinching clothespin (sometimes called a dollpin)
- Printed pattern pieces: click here to download
- 4”x4” square of felt
- Small bit of curly doll hair
- 12″ each Narrow Lace trim and narrow ribbon
- One small feather
- Black paint, paintbrush
- Black fine tipped pen
- Red fine tipped pen
- Gold thread and needle
- Fabric Scissors
- Craft glue or glue gun (preferred)
- Paint Jane’s shoes black. Add her eyes and mouth with pens, once paint is dry.
- While paint is drying, cut out pattern pieces. You will need one skirt and two arms.
- Glue lace trim to bottom edge of skirt.
- Wrap skirt piece around Jane’s body and glue in place. Run a bead of glue down the underside of the seam along the back to fix the fabric in place. Hem should end slightly above her shoes.
- Wrap narrow ribbon around her waist about 1/4″ down from her neckline. Tie ribbon in a bow at the back
- Glue arms in place at shoulder height. Glue a feather or feather shaped bit of felt in one hand to represent a pen.
- Wrap narrow lace around her neck and shoulders and tie at ribbon-belt height, trim ends
Want to read the full article?
Sign up for free Jane Austen membership.