- Masked Ball Preparation Short film about the Masked Ball Preparations at this year’s Jane Austen Festival in Bath
- Jane Austen Festival Success 2015 Wow, what a great Jane Austen Festival we’ve had this year. 10 days and over 60 events plus record attendance. I think everyone agrees it was the best ever.
For those who attended and for those who are just curious, here’s filmmaker Owen Benson’s short video capturing some of the best moments.
‘I couldn’t be more delighted. …
- 2015 Jane Austen Festival in Bath The Jane Austen Festival starts on the 12th of September and looks like it will be the biggest and best ever.
Jackie Herring, Jane Austen Festival Director is happy with the arrangements and ticket sales. ‘Lots of events have already sold out but there are still a few tickets left. If you want to see something …
- Jane Austen Centre Gets Honoured! Visit England Welcome Award for The Jane Austen Centre
The hard-working staff at the Jane Austen Centre were really pleased to find out that they had been recognised for their contribution to tourism in the area.
The Jane Austen Centre is honoured to receive the VisitEngland Welcome accolade which has been awarded as part of VisitEngland’s Visitor …
- Guinness World Record The Jane Austen Festival in Bath gained a Guinness World Record on the 13th of September 2014
- The Dandy Chargers The Dandy Chargers
In 1817 Baron Karl von Drais created the Lauf-maschine (running machine) / Draisienne / Mechanical Horse, the first human powered land vehicle to mount a serious bid for public acceptance. Satirically named the Dandy Charger.
Then in 1818 Dennis Johnson, a coachmaker, of London developed an improved model that he called the Pedestrian Curricle …
- Adrian Lukis Interview Adrian Lukis was making the new Jane Austen Centre film when during a break we took the opportunity to grab a few minutes to interview the ex Mr. Wickham.
- Happy Birthday Martin Martin Salter, the meeter and greeter at The Jane Austen Centre in Bath and officially recognised as ‘England’s Most Photographed Man’, celebrated his fiftieth birthday in style at the weekend.
- 2013 Jane Austen Festival Photographs Official Festival photographer Owen Benson has now uploaded all the images he took of this year’s 2013 Jane Austen Festival for everyone to view. There are some stunning shots for you to enjoy.
- Certificate of Excellence for the Regency Tea Room The Regency Tea Room at the Jane Austen Centre today announced that it has received a TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence award.
- Festival images 2012 Jane Austen Festival Festival Images 2012
Our professional photographer Owen Benson has loaded all of his fantastic images to an online site for you to enjoy. Just go into the galleries and look around. Image Galleries
If you would like to download high resolution images to print yourself or if you would like to order prints this is now possible. …
- Pride and Prejudice Readathon Readathon event to celebrate Jane Austen’s bi-centenary
The Jane Austen Centre in Bath is to host an event that will be broadcast around the world -a 12 Hour International Readathon.
January 28th 2013 sees the 200th anniversary of the publication of Jane Austen’s Pride & Prejudice and to mark this bicentenary the book will be read in its …
- Festival Promenade best ever Hundreds of costumed Jane Austen fans took part in the Grand Festival Promenade.
The Promenade traditionally opens the Jane Austen Festival
- Adrian Lukis (Wickham) to appear at Jane Austen Festival Amongst the 60 or so events crammed into this year’s annual Jane Austen Festival in Bath will be the special appearance by actor Adrian Lukis (George Wickham in the BBC 1995 adaptation of P&P). Very appropriate as this year marks the 200th anniversary of the sale of the copyright of Pride & Prejudice to the publisher Thomas Egerton.
Jane Austen …
- With a Flourish! Killer Bees and Jane Austen make their mark on Women’s day
In the church of St Michael’s Without, from 10am to 6pm yesterday, works by 100 women were read out by volunteers … A passage from “Pride and Prejudice” was recited with a fine flourish by Jackie Herring, Director of the local Jane Austen Festival, … …
- Jane Austen Centre on TV – again
Caroline Smailes at book launch
How will it all end?
Take a look at this BBC Breakfast news item. Caroline Smailes, has a new novel which offers readers a variety of different endings – 11 in all. The item is supported by a visit to The Jane Austen Centre where our guests are quizzed on whether they would …
- He’s in the news again Martin Salter our Meeter/Greeter gets on the TV again with presenter Amanda Vickery. Take a look.
- Martin on the television We knew it would happen. Our Meeter/Greeter Martin Salter has been recognised as England’s most photographed man.
- The Festival starts with a splash! Wow, what a start. Despite a bit of rain the promenaders turned out in their finery to celebrate the start of the Jane Austen Festival.
Click here to go to the full story from the Bath Chronicle.
- Guinness World Record It’s official!
The world record for the largest gathering of people dressed in Regency costumes was achieved by 409 participants, for the Jane Austen Festival in Bath, UK, on 19 September 2009
The previous world record stood at 200 people and on a beautiful sunny day in September last year, 409 of us got together in Bath Assembly …