- Rendering Lard, the Regency Crisco
Use your crockpot to cut back on effort and create a healthy and tasty alternative to solid shortening.
- “The Poultry Yard: The Management of Fowls”, Regency Style
In Regency times, a well stocked poultry yard was a necessity to any country home. Household books of the time carried tips for managing them…
- Regency Cold Cream: Preserve a Pristine Complexion
“How very ill Eliza Bennet looks this morning, Mr. Darcy,” she cried; “I never in my life saw any one so much altered as she is since the winter. She is grown so brown and coarse! Louisa and I were agreeing that we should not have known her again.”
However little Mr. Darcy might have liked ...
- A Good Salve for Sore Lips
Make your own chapstick for these cold winter days
- Avoiding the Tan: Regency Skin Creams
A variety of recipes for combatting burns, tans and freckles
- Spring Cleaning: Recipes from Martha Lloyd’s Household Book
A variety of recipes for getting your home spic and span
- Regency Head Colds and Care
A Recipe for easing the aches, pains and stuffiness
- Steps to a Brilliant Complexion
How to maintain a Healthy Glow: Regency Style!
- After Dinner Mints & Candies
To Freshen the Breath and Ease the Stomacke
- Georgian Cosmentics: The Face of Beauty
The recipes behind the Rouge
- An Easy but Certain Cure for Consumption
Another great recipe from Martha Lloyd
- A Wash for the Hair
This is a cleanser and brightener of the head and hair, and should be applied in the morning…
- To Whiten Silk Stockings, Blacking for Shoes
…only quality goods for Jane Austen
- A Paste for Chapped Hands and Lips
Caring for your Winter Skin
- English Lavender Water
Martha Lloyd’s recipe for Lavender Water. Also instructions for French Linen Lavender Water.
- Milk of Roses
Valentines, roses and true love