The term ‘The Jane Austen Centre’s’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is The Jane Austen Centre Giftshop, 40 Gay Street Queens Square Bath BA1 2NT United Kingdom. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the nature, content and availability of those sites of the linked website(s). The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Jane Austen Centre Website Membership
- By submitting any material to our website/forums/posts you
(a) represent that you are entitled to do so;
(b) grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, non-terminable licence to copy, modify, distribute, show in public and create derivative works from that material in any form, anywhere; and
(c) authorise us to adapt the relevant material in the course of doing so, and so waive your moral rights to object to any derogatory treatment, or to be identified as the author, of the material in question.
(d) consent to us publishing your IP address which may be necessary from time to time
- You must ensure that any material submitted by you or any communication you make in connection with our website, will not(a) infringe the intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity;(b) breach any applicable law, whether criminal, tortious or otherwise; or(c) be defamatory, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive, harassing, threatening, obscene, pornographic, false, unreliable or misleading or otherwise objectionable in our opinion.
- Spamming, flaming or advertising is not permitted.
- Your use of the forums and commenting features and this website is entirely at your own risk. As such, to the extent permitted by law, you release us, our directors, contractors and employees from all liability arising out of or in connection with the website and the material submitted to it by third parties.
- We may not endorse the views expressed in the forum or post comments
- Your use of the forum and this website is entirely at your own risk. As such, to the extent permitted by law, you release us, our directors, contractors and employees from all liability arising out of or in connection with the website and the material submitted to it by third parties.
- We may not endorse the views expressed on the forum or post comments.
- We may terminate access to this website at any time without any liability to you.
Every effort is made to ensure that the information provided on The Jane Austen Centre website and online services is accurate and up to date, but no legal responsibility is accepted for any errors, omissions or misleading statements.
Jane Austen Centre is not responsible for, and cannot guarantee the accuracy of, information on sites that it does not manage; nor should the inclusion of a hyperlink be taken in itself to mean endorsement by the Jane Austen Centre of the site, the site owner, or any specific content to which it points.
Third party content
Jane Austen Centre may also embed third party content such as videos, RSS or twitter feeds on its site. Jane Austen Centre is not responsible for and cannot guarantee the accuracy of this content nor for any related content. It is also not responsible for the quality or accessibility of this content nor of any related content. The embedding of this content on its site should not be taken in itself to mean endorsement by Jane Austen Centre of the content.
Whilst we make every attempt to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information contained in the documents stored, served and accessed, this information should not be relied upon as a substitute for formal advice from the originating bodies or departments of the Council and its partners.
The Jane Austen Centre, its employees and agents will not be responsible for any loss, however arising, from the use of, or reliance on this information.
This web site is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. You should not assume that this publication is error-free or that it will be suitable for the particular purpose which you have in mind when using it. We assume no responsibility for errors or omissions in this publication or other documents which are referenced by or linked to this publication.
In no event shall we be liable for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, those resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether or not advised of the possibility of damage, and on any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of this publication or other documents which are referenced by or linked to this publication.
This publication could include technical or other inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein; these changes will be incorporated in new editions of the publication. We may make improvements and/or changes in the services or facilities described in this publication at any time.
This website contains links to external websites maintained by other organisations. We take all reasonable measures to ensure that the information on this website is not defamatory or offensive, however it cannot be held responsible for the privacy practices or content of these websites, which may change without any prior notice.
Links are provided purely for your convenience and do not imply that we endorse or support these organisations, the information on their pages, or their products and services in any way.
Should you or any viewer of this publication respond with information, feedback, data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like regarding the content of any Jane Austen Centre publication, any such response shall be deemed not to be confidential and we shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute the response to others without limitation. You agree that we shall be free to use any ideas, concepts or techniques contained in your response for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing and marketing services incorporating such ideas, concepts or techniques.
Magazine Article and News Submissions;
Our website is free and open to the public. The Jane Austen Centre does not offer financial return in exchange for articles. All pieces submitted to the site must be family friendly in nature. Articles submitted for review are not guaranteed to be posted, but we do include as many as we can.
When we reprint a piece, we rely on the integrity of the author regarding the work’s originality and accuracy. It is also up to the author to determine if the images they have included are copyright free and able to be reproduced under the creative commons, public domain or fair use doctrine:
…the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
When preparing an article for publication, it is first laid out in a format compatible with our site. We also like to include a brief biography (a line or two will do) about the author. If you have images to include, please include them as separate attachments to the article. Those with blogs, shops and other types of businesses often like to include links to them, as well. The author is then able to proof the piece and make any changes they might like.
This website is distributed internationally and may contain references to activities that are not available in your country. These references do not imply that the Jane Austen Centre intends to make such services available in your country.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, The Jane Austen Centre takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.