- Jane Austen’s Matchmaker Zombies Kickstarter Jane Austen’s Matchmaker Zombies Kickstarter
As we step into February (traditionally the month of love and romance), the makers of the Jane Austen Matchmaker Card Game (based on Jane Austen’s Emma) have launched a Kickstarter to create a Pride and Prejudice and Zombies version of their game.
The player with the Curse must draw from the JAMZ …
- Parlour Games Parlour games were a common way of passing an evening with friends and relatives…
- Spillikins Another game from Jane Austen’s own repertoire.
- Lawn Bowls A Regency past time with its roots in Medieval history…
- Battledore and Shuttlecock One of many games played by Regency Children.
- Bilbocatch: Old Fashioned Ball and Cup Fun Otherwise known as “Cup and Ball”– a game Jane Austen Excelled at!
- The Game of Graces A pretty past time for young ladies….
- Instructions for Commerce Card Games Popular in Regency England
- How win at Speculation Mary Crawford's card game of choice…
- Instructions on The Game of Loo As played at Netherfield
- How to Dance Mr. Beveridge’s Maggot Instructions for this popular Regency Dance, with video clips
- Rhymes with Rose A parlor game played by the Austen family
- Bouts-Rime A fun game using easy rhymes
- Snapdragon The popular (and dangerous!) parlour game
- Load and Fire a Regency Weapon Discover what it was like to be in the line of fire
- Jane Austen Word Search How many Jane Austen related words can you find in this jumble?
- How to Waltz Once scandalous, now a timeless classic
- Oranges and Lemons A Childhood Game similar to London Bridge
- Charades from Emma Parlor Puzzles from Regency England
- Tableaux Vivants The “Living Pictures” Parlour Game
- Hot Cockles and other Christmas Pastimes “A far cry from the tradition of families gathering to play a board games…”
- Create your own Regency Hero or Heroine! Create your own digital “paperdoll”
- The Power of the Written Wordle Create Beautiful Clouds of Words
- Playing A Merry Tune Sheet music for P&P2’s Country Dances
- How to Write a Love Letter Putting your innermost, personal
feelings into words…
- Instructions for Whist A popular choice for four players.
- Charades and Bullet Pudding Directions for some games played by the Austen family.