- Reasons Why Regency Fashion Rocks! Reasons Why Regency Fashion Rocks!
Forget modern day ripped jeans and body-con dresses – fashions in the Regency era hold the prize for style in our eyes. The Jane Austen News recently came across a blog that reminded us of a few of the reasons why we love Regency dress, so we thought we’d share them …
- The Journal of Eveline Helm, Part Five – At the Assembly Rooms, at last! Dear Reader,
I hope that this journal of my time in Bath should prove to be helpful to you. In reading it may you be spared the numerous faux pas and embarrassments that I was not. I truly feel that if this work should prevent even one other young lady from public ridicule in the …
- Regency Bucks, Beaus and Dandies These definitions from “Georgette Heyer’s Regency World”, give a fuller picture of the Regency vocabulary
- The Well Dressed Clergyman A look at what the Regency Clergyman would have worn
- The Small Sword: Self Defense and the Georgian Gentleman “no gentleman was dressed without his sword”
- Beau Brummell and the Birth of Regency Fashion Beau Brummell: The Original Dandy
- Neckcloths, Cravats, Stocks, Solitaires, Jabots & Macaronis Nuances of a Gentleman’s Neckcloth
- Shoes Make the Man: Regency Footwear Dress shoes, ‘Polished Hessians’ and Wellington Boots
- Officer’s Uniforms of the British Navy What Captain Wentworth would have worn…
- A Brief Overview of Men’s Regency Fashion The change from Macaroni to Dandy
- In the Pink: Dressing for a Fox Hunt The romantic image of a Fox Hunt…fact or fiction?
- Gentlemen’s Morning Attire Nightgowns, Bathrobes and Dressing Gowns…what would Mr. Darcy wear to Breakfast?
- Court Dress For Men The Rigid forms of fashion adhered to at Court
- Beaver Hats Build a Nation or History Goes Into the Closet (Following the Money)
- Cravats, Tail Coats and Breeches Dressing in a More Gentlemanlike Manner
- Looking Sharpe: The Well Dressed Infantryman Infantry uniforms of the Regency