- The Mirror of Graces: the Final Blush of Accomplishment How to Possess that “Certain Something” in the tone of your voice, address and expressions
- Maxims for Health and Gracefulness Lydia Marie Child offers heartfelt advice on the rearing of young girls into a life of
- Advice to Young Females Motherly wisdom on finding and accepting a suitable mate.
- On the Important Subject of Dress and Fashion Isabella Beeton addresses the Mistress of the House
- “Directions how to make a fire with Lehigh coal” Period instructions and advice from the Governor’s Butler
- Advice to the Cook From the House Servant’s Directory
- Advice to House Servants Miscellaneous Observations, Compiled for the use of House Servants
- How to Write a Novel – Advice from Jane Austen Advice from Jane Austen
- Advice to Young Women Rev. James Fordyce and Company weigh in on the “proper” duties of women.
- The Young Man’s Guide Advice to Gentlemen regarding Female Qualifications for Marriage
- The Hands from A Manual of Politeness: Comprising the Principlesof Ettiquette
Become a Jane Austen Member
Membership is completely free….
- A welcome 10% off voucher to spend in our giftshop
- Full access to our online magazine of articles about Jane Austen
- Regular new stories
- Giftshop special offers and new products
- Our very popular an entertaining quiz