Have you ever wanted to sit down at your piano and play the sprightly tunes and dances so familiar to Jane Austen and her heroines? Even Miss Bingley admits that a “thorough knowledge of music, singing. . . and dancing” is necessary to be truly accomplished.
The Republic of Pemberley has graciously provided sheet music for a number of the dances used in (my favorite) the A&E Pride and Prejudice. These links will bring you to printable pages of music for your playing and dancing pleasure.
Sheet music for Mr. Beveridge’s Maggot: (also used in Emma2)
- Melody and chord symbols
Sheet music for other dance tunes from P&P2:
- Grimstock (Aunt Phillips’)
- Barley Mow (Aunt Phillips’)
- The Corporation (Aunt Phillips’)
- The Comical Fellow (Meryton Assembly)
- Dusky Night (Meryton Assembly)
- A Trip to Highgate (Meryton Assembly)
- Mutual Love (Meryton Assembly)
- The Touchstone (Meryton Assembly)
- The Pleasures of the Town (Lucas Lodge)
- Shrewsbury Lasses (Netherfield Ball)
Additionally, many of these dances are available on the Pemberley Players’ Pride and Prejudice Collection CD.
You can purchase music Jane Austen would have played and enjoyed at our giftshop, click here.