Our new re-usable Jane Austen Teacup Cupcake Cases have proved a huge hit, and a number of you have asked us if we had any cup cake recipes that would be perfect for use with the little cups…
… and indeed we do!
50g caster sugar
50g self-raising flour
A few drops of vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
- Cream together the sugar and the butter until smooth.
- Beat the egg and then add it to the sugar/butter mixture a little at a time.
- Stir in the sifted flour and vanilla essence.
- Grease the teacup insides and place onto a baking tray.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the four teacups.
- Bake for between 15-20 minutes or until the cakes look golden brown.
- Wait until cool and then decorate!
For coffee cake:
Add 5ml (one teaspoon) of instant coffee, dissolved in hot water, to the cake mixture along with the flour and instead of the vanilla essence.